Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,548   Online: 1120

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by bradman View Post
    I've been using Agfa Multicontrast Developer as my "standard paper dev".
    I now have the need to reproduce prints from several negs to match existing prints, is there a recipe lurking whereby I can mix my own Agfa MC developer.
    PS: supplies of this developer here in Oz are, lets say, unreliable.
    This chemical are still made today, you may want to try mail order to get ti you (just noticed you're down-under).

OTOH, I'd been using this, then went with Kodak Polymax-T for years, back to Agfa for a bottle, now I'm back with Kodak. Just like the results better. YMMV.

Good Luck,
    Rolleijoe

CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    Here is a good formula that I've used that is fairly close to Agfa Multicontrast paper developer.

Agfa 125 Neutral Tone Paper Developer

Water (125F/52C)...........................750ml
    Metol............................................3 .0 grams
    Sodium Sulfite (anhydrous)...............44.0 grams
    Hydroquinone.................................12.0 grams
    Sodium Carbonate (anhydrous)..........65.0 grams
    Potassium Bromide...........................2.0 grams
    Water to make................................1,000ml

It is quite close to D-72 and Dektol in formulation. For use dilute 1+2 for development of times 1 to 2 min at 20 C. If you want a softer look, dilute 1+4 and develop for 3 minutes at 68 F/20 C.
    That formula doesn't exactly match what I've seen for Agfa 125. Does anyone know whether the Sodium Carbonate should be anhydrous or monohydrous?

The formulas I've seen run like the following from Tom Hoskinson ....
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum222/...gaf-125-a.html

Best,

C

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by PHOTOTONE View Post
    You really should have no problem "topping up" your processor with properly diluted to working strength Ilford Multicontrast Developer.
    You said you wanted to replenish an existing processor filled with the Agfa developer. "Topping up" means to add fresh developer to maintain a specific level in the tank of the processor. I don't think you would have any issues adding the Ilford Multicontrast developer to the Agfa developer already in your processor.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by CBG View Post
    That formula doesn't exactly match what I've seen for Agfa 125. Does anyone know whether the Sodium Carbonate should be anhydrous or monohydrous?

The formulas I've seen run like the following from Tom Hoskinson ....
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum222/...gaf-125-a.html

Best,

C
    Sodium Carbonate should be monohydrate for this formula. I apologize for the confusion.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin