Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,661   Posts: 1,481,601   Online: 919

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Slavich Bromoportrait 80 and LITH

After reading a few threads on the Slavich paper being a sleeper paper with very good qualities, I decided to try some of the 8x10 G2 and G3 Bromoportrait 80 DW paper as the price point is perfect. I've heard it has similar properties of 70's type warmtoned US papers.

Has anyone tried ths paper with lith developer to see if it does in fact work in this process? As there is not much information about this paper out there, I'm curious to know if the paper has a super coating preventing lith dev to work.

I have some paper showing up this week and and itching to try it. I guess I'll be the guinea pig this week when my paper shows up if no one has an answer.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Moxom View Post
    After reading a few threads on the Slavich paper being a sleeper paper with very good qualities, I decided to try some of the 8x10 G2 and G3 Bromoportrait 80 DW paper as the price point is perfect. I've heard it has similar properties of 70's type warmtoned US papers.

Has anyone tried ths paper with lith developer to see if it does in fact work in this process? As there is not much information about this paper out there, I'm curious to know if the paper has a super coating preventing lith dev to work.

I have some paper showing up this week and and itching to try it. I guess I'll be the guinea pig this week when my paper shows up if no one has an answer.
    I have other Slavich papers including the silk, where did you get the get the Bromoportait 80?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Paul, Freestyle sells it. Do you know if their paper liths though?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Paul Howell View Post
    I have other Slavich papers including the silk, where did you get the get the Bromoportait 80?
    IRRC Bromoport 80 is the silk.
    I'll check real quick again...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Slavich Bromportrait 80 (Double Weight)
    Glossy Embossed (Silk)
    Quote Originally Posted by Freestyle
    "Slavich Bromportrait 80 is a warm-tone, fiber-based chlorobromide emulsion, black and white enlarging paper available in double-weight (250 microns) base thickness.

It is available in Glossy Embossed (Silk) surface Grades 2 and 3."
    Sweet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    So, back to the scheduled programming,.... Does it LITH?

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Well, considering that Slavich's Unibrom liths quite wonderfully, my guess is that the Bromoportrait probably would do well also. They both contain old-school emulsions made in an old factory, so offhand, I doubt that the Bromoportrait would have a supercoating that could affect whatever lith properties it might have.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Silverhead, That's what I was expecting to hear. I know of one reference to Slavich Unibrom paper in a lith process from Tim Rudman's book World of lith printing. The print looked quite good, and I was hoping the warm toned Bromoportrait 80 version would perfrom the same way... At any rate, I will hopefully test this later this week when my package from Freestyle shows up :-)

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The test Andrew is put a drop of solution B (or some activator from a sepia kit, essentially NaOH) on an exposed strip. No reaction or weak reaction indicates no developers present in the emulsion, and should lith. This according to Moersch site, if I remember right.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    How would you describe the texture of this paper?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin