Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,564   Posts: 1,545,308   Online: 840

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    MDR
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Efke Varycon is my most used paper both in lith and for straight prints I use it a grades 2 1/2 to 3 1/2 and get beautiful tones. I develop it in either Agfa 135 (Homemade with 5.6g Potassium bromide) 1:2 or with Tetenal Eukobrom 1:9. I sometimes tone it in LP-Selenia 1:3 for deep blues but most of the time I am satisfied with untoned prints though I do use Agfa Sistan or Fuji AgGuard. I admit my negatives can be contrastier than usual but not by much.

Dominik

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I agree with John Simmons comments on negative density. I have limited experience and recall most of my negatives were not tuned for Varycon. I had a few problems running out of contrast with my LPL 670 Dichro. I'm sure one can get stunning results if you get dialed in.

The tone has a resemblance to Agfa MCC Classic and can produce strong blacks. The paper base has a pleasing slight warm tint much lighter than Ilford WT buff base tint. The paper seems to dry flatter than others.

I ordered 25 sheets. The price is right.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 01-12-2012 at 06:38 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin