Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,002   Posts: 1,524,452   Online: 1033

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BobNewYork View Post
    Love the quote Snapshot. Unfortunately my mind's empty - now I know what my other problem is!
    Well, I can't take credit for it. I've paraphrased a comment made by Leo Bascalia I heard some years ago.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    "Lee, interesting that you had the same experience in the same condititions, were your negs printable?"

Yes, they were all printable although exposure times were longer than I'm used to. It's still a mystery to me why it happened. I haven't had the experience again.

Images
    Even so, I think 25 minutes at 1:50 is somewhat longer than optimum for HP5+. I think if you were to do a test where you develope a whole roll of the same subject and exposure, removing a few frames from the developer at, say, 3 minute intervals after 15 minutes, you might see that the contrast had reached its maximum at around 15 and the overall level increased after that. I'm thinking of a set of curves Phil Davis published some years ago in Photo Techniques, maybe while it was still Darkroom and Creative Camera Techniques I can't find my copy right now. The contrast vs development time for Rodinal flattened out fairly soon. After that point, any change in density would give more fog.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks Gainer, that sounds like a good article.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin