Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,520   Posts: 1,543,795   Online: 771

Shooter
    35mm

Is Ilford MGX the same thing as MGIV?

Is Ilford MGX.44M the same thing that's now named MGIV.44M? I was given some MGX paper, but can't find it in any online stores, so I'm guessing that it's something older.

Thanks!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Arcady,

MGX was the descriptor in our product coding for ILFORD Multigrade III :

MGIII changed to MULTIGRADE IV in Q4 1994 / Q1 1995 so the MGX you have been given is at least 13 years old.

Regards

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Simon, thanks a lot for the information. Are the numbers III and IV characteristic of the paper, or are they just model designators (sorry if I'm asking a silly question).

I printed on the the MGX.44m yesterday, and the prints came out fine. I'm surprised, now that I know how old the paper is.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by agenkin View Post
    Simon, thanks a lot for the information. Are the numbers III and IV characteristic of the paper, or are they just model designators (sorry if I'm asking a silly question).

I printed on the the MGX.44m yesterday, and the prints came out fine. I'm surprised, now that I know how old the paper is.
    I have some old MGIII that someone gave me in 8.5 x 11" size. It works very well and the exposures / contrast are very similar to (but not quite identical to) MG IV.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin