Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,743   Online: 858

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    An afterthought!

Bill hates these kinds of forums and rarely logs on but rather just reads. I suppose this type of comment is what keeps him away. This kind of comment will also keep Kodak away. I have been called a liar and a fake, on forums such as this Andy. I've stuck with it and disproved them (I hope), so I hope you retract your comment for Bill's sake.

I did not know of the information that Bill sent me, but merely posted it here. I believe his honesty and he has done a lot more research on this than any of us. So, with that kind of comment you run the risk that you keep experts from posting the results of their research.

I think that we would benefit a lot by having Bill welcome here rather than have him instantly criticized.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les;

I too respect Bill and was happy to pass this on. This is the result of his extensive researches and just briefly touches on mine. I'm trying to prevent problems which Grant has described in his book. I'm not defending Kodak at all, but in fact it seems as if the 'method' originated with Kodak not with Ilford. I leave it to others to eke out the truth of the matter then. I don't feel, with this attitude that you wish to hear from my expertise in fixing and washing nor do you wish to hear from Bill.

I'm sorry. I guess I should withdraw from this discussion.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Photo Engineer View Post
    Andy;

Please tell me when and where Bill worked for Kodak?

Thanks.

PE
    g'day all

who is Bill Troop?

Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Co author of Anchell & Troop, "The Film Developing Cookbook" and a noted historian of photographic processes.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Les;

I too respect Bill and was happy to pass this on. This is the result of his extensive researches and just briefly touches on mine. I'm trying to prevent problems which Grant has described in his book. I'm not defending Kodak at all, but in fact it seems as if the 'method' originated with Kodak not with Ilford. I leave it to others to eke out the truth of the matter then. I don't feel, with this attitude that you wish to hear from my expertise in fixing and washing nor do you wish to hear from Bill.

I'm sorry. I guess I should withdraw from this discussion.

PE

Ron, I simply repeated a conversation I had with Bill and did not say that did not wish to hear from him, those were your words not mine so please do not credit me with them. With regard to hearing and learning from yours or anyone elses expertise in matters related to photography I am extremely interested, again you are wrongly assuming that you know my thoughts. I'll repeat what I said in my first post "I'm not wishing to start any sort of argument with you for I respect you too much".
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Les;

Coincidentally, Bill called me on another matter as I was writing a note to you. He and I both wish to keep the dialog open, but I got the impression that you wanted to close this particular dialog, not all dialog. I'm sorry that I was unclear in my post.

I am quite pro Ilford actually and only disagree in this one tiny matter on washing as I've tried to explain. It is NOT always archival for all conditions as explained by Haist and Mason (of Ilford). They both seem to disagree with their parent companies and I agree with them.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Les;

Coincidentally, Bill called me on another matter as I was writing a note to you. He and I both wish to keep the dialog open, but I got the impression that you wanted to close this particular dialog, not all dialog. I'm sorry that I was unclear in my post.

I am quite pro Ilford actually and only disagree in this one tiny matter on washing as I've tried to explain. It is NOT always archival for all conditions as explained by Haist and Mason (of Ilford). They both seem to disagree with their parent companies and I agree with them.

PE
    Ron it is not my right to to close dialogue such as this in a Forum that is there for the benefit of all, in any event it was never in my mind to stop the discussion. The good thing about our last few posts is that no one is getting silly and making accusations. Yes we have a difference of opinion that has been discussed in a very civilised manner and I thank you for that.
    "Digital circuits are made from analogue parts"
    Fourtune Cookie-Brooklyn May 2006

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Les. I appreciate your comments.

I'm sorry for the misunderstanding. I don't wish to be seen as ranting. Nor do I wish to be seen as anti Ilford. I respect them too much for that. I especially don't want to appear as a hard case Kodaker or ex Kodaker. I hope we can continue this dialog in a manner that might lead to a satisfactory position for all explaining factors leading to archival film and paper images.

Thanks again.

Ron

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I always thought Ron was Kodakistani

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Some people cant stand me.

PE

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin