Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,560   Posts: 1,545,259   Online: 819

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Black Dog View Post
    I've used staining devs for the last 13 years, usually fixed in Hypam/IRF-seems to have no visible effect on the amount of stain present [an alkaline fix doersn't seem to make any visible difference IME].So I'm sticking with Ilford/Fotospeed for film as they're readily available , though I might use an alkali fix with FB paper.
    I have been using staining developers since the 1950s. In my experience, the presence or absence of image stain should be verified with a tranmission densitometer. Visual examination can result in an incorrect stain assessment.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I came across another tanning developer formula recently. This one is from Focal, and it is quite old. Since I'm still waiting for my darkroom to get built, I haven't tried it, but it may be interesting.

Focal tanning developer

Pyrocatechin 2 g
    Sodium sulfite (5 percent soln.) 5 ml
    Sodium hydroxide (5 percent soln.) 10 ml
    Water to make 1 l

Develop 15 to 20 minutes

The developing recommendation was no doubt for old style (1950s) films.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin