Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,056   Posts: 1,561,460   Online: 1055

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Exciting news! I can't wait to try to try it out in the GVII

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

UV blocker

I would be very surprised if the new film had a UV blocker...all the films are cut from master rolls -remember?? so much speculation...kodak aint dead and they aint totally stupid...
    Best, Peter

New Film

For those of us who have calibrated exposure and development based upon film curves and densitometer work the new film will eventually mean repeating our film tests again for both sheet and roll film. One can only hope the effort will be worth it....Obviously Ilford can become one's choice if one wishes NOT to have to recalibrate everything. Nothing "wrong" with Delta and HP5, but if one wants to use ready loads in the field it's either Fuji or Kodak. We'll be waiting for reviews from our talented and sharing members.

Edwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sheet film and roll film are coated on different stock entirely. One is 7 mil and the other is 5 mil. So it is possible to stock all 4 varieties involved. A +UV and -UV in 5 and 7 mil. Actually they all start with 2 supports and then the backing is coated on. The UV could be in the backing as additional AH, and it could be in an overcoat as well.

I've seen all of this done.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Edwin,

I fail to grasp our point. If I continue with TMY, I'll have to recalibrate, but if I switch to any other product, I'll also have to calibrate that product. How can I switch to Ilford products and NOT determine my personal film speed and development time?????

John
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    For those of us who have calibrated exposure and development based upon film curves and densitometer work the new film will eventually mean repeating our film tests again for both sheet and roll film. One can only hope the effort will be worth it....Obviously Ilford can become one's choice if one wishes NOT to have to recalibrate everything. Nothing "wrong" with Delta and HP5, but if one wants to use ready loads in the field it's either Fuji or Kodak. We'll be waiting for reviews from our talented and sharing members.
    In fairness to Kodak, Ilford has reformulated films. Pan-F, FP-4 and HP-5 were reformulated in the early 1990s to the current Plus films, and 400 Delta became Delta 400 with a new emulsion about seven or eight years ago. The new fiscal reality of Ilford/Harman might mean little to no reformulation of existing films; I don't know.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak has an active develpment program for B&W films going ahead under an old associate of mine at EK. He is/was responsible for this new film and is working on more goodies for us all.

PE

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    For those of us who have calibrated exposure and development based upon film curves and densitometer work the new film will eventually mean repeating our film tests again for both sheet and roll film. One can only hope the effort will be worth it....Obviously Ilford can become one's choice if one wishes NOT to have to recalibrate everything. Nothing "wrong" with Delta and HP5, but if one wants to use ready loads in the field it's either Fuji or Kodak.
    Some folks check each and every box of film they buy for speed, irregardless of who makes it.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new TMY sheet film on the market.
    Semper Fi & God Bless America
    My Photography Blog

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    I'm anxiously awaiting the arrival of the new TMY sheet film on the market.
    Me too. What little work I was able to do with the roll film yielded fabulous results. But I'm a contact printer, so I couldn't really put it through its paces properly. The sheet film will tell the tale.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin