Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,692   Posts: 1,548,957   Online: 759

Shooter
    Multi Format

Phenidone in Alchohol?

I usually mix a stock solution of phenidone into glycol, but right now i do not have any, and don't feel like ordering it. I do have 91% isopropyl alcohol and I seem to recall it can be used. Can it? Is it soluble in the alcohol and will the alcohol preserve it? I need the phenidone to last maybe six months or longer.

Patrick

Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I usually mix a stock solution of phenidone into glycol, but right now i do not have any, and don't feel like ordering it. I do have 91% isopropyl alcohol and I seem to recall it can be used. Can it? Is it soluble in the alcohol and will the alcohol preserve it? I need the phenidone to last maybe six months or longer.

Patrick
    It dissolves in alcohol, but may not last the six months. A better alternative to the glycol is glycerine that you can get in small quantities at any drug store and some supermarkets. It is more viscous, but usable, especially if you warm it a little before you need to pour it. Propylene glycol is 1,2 propane diol and glycerine (glycerol) is 1,2,3 propane triol. Both are used in medicines and cosmetics.
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks Patrick, that should work great since I usually mix it in 500 ml quantities. I just don't feel like spending $30+ ordering glycol from the Chemistry Store.

Patrick

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin