Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,846   Posts: 1,582,741   Online: 906

Shooter
    35mm RF

Wow, I really DID get the New TMY

Looking over the recently posted new Kodak Tech sheet, I was surprised to find that the 10 roll brick of TMY I ordered from B&H back in December is really the New TMY! The carton has no indication of anything new, yet the film canister matches the Kodak Tech sheet for the new film. I haven't gotten around to shooting or developing much, I was a little bummed not to get the new film, but now I can't wait to soup it. Anybody have some emulsion codes and expiration dates so I can check it? Mine is 11/2009, 7181. TIA

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    The 120 I got from them about the same time didn't have -2 on it anywhere. Not on the box or the indivdual rolls. I got the pro packs. mine are dated 12/09 and say 331 001. I am pretty certain I have the old style, since the picture on the pdf showed a TMY-2 on the new film or package.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I just went to the local supplier who I usually don't use and checked out their supplies. They have TMY in all formats including 8x10 and bulk 35mm and interestingly enough everything they had was dated fresh to 2010 which makes it a later batch than what I got from B&H. All old stuff still.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Well see that's the thing, my rolls show no TMY-2 but are the new packaging. I will have to rush a clip to see which version I have. I wish they made it more obvious, but then everyone would only want the new stuff.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I hope there is a great enough improvement that we can tell by looking at the image quality but unless it is much finer grained I have my doubts. I have quite a lot of the old 8x10 TMY in stock and don't feel bad about it. The problems I encounter are all user problems. No one to blame but me. However it would be great to see significantly finer grain. Changing tonalities would just mean a different aesthetic vocabulary.
    Dennis

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin