Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,577   Online: 1136

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

Anyone aware of the capacity of the Rollei R3 RHS (high speed) developer?

I am ordering 50 sheets of R3 in 8x10 and am unsure of how much developer to order - it is offered in 1L bottles ...

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/chem46.html (third one down)

The standard dil is 1+7 so with tray developing I've been using about a liter so that would give me 8 soups - but how many sheets can I develop with each ?

I prefer to develop no more than two sheets in a tray at once and am hoping the developer isn't just a one shot say like POTA or Pyro and I could reuse it again for two or more develops (two sheets each)...

Any experience here ?

Also, is the Rollei branded wetting agent really required, or is it just any other wetting agent that has been re-branded and hyped up a little ?

thanks!
    Nick

Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Nick,

on the package it is stated that 1L concentrate has a capacity of 30-50 films (which I read as type 135). I would just calculate this into sheets of sheet film.

For further information on this you could ask member fotohuis, who did some tests on the R3 in various developers and even corrected some EI given by Maco.

The Rollei branded wetting agent is the same as the one from Labor Partner, a company affiliated to Maco.

Edit:
    The Rollei RHS is the same as the dutch Amaloco AM74 either rebranded or produced in licence by Labor Partner.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-06-2008 at 05:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    shivers! it was there all along ... I dont know how I missed that, probably because A. I tired and maybe a bit if B. the info was near the barcode and looked like a bunch of unrelated info ...

Still though, that data is for tank developing - tray developing I'm assuming will lead to faster oxidizing of the chems ?

Also what is an approx surface area of a roll of 35mm film ? I never shoot it so dont have any here to measure, theres all that leader ... or does the chem only deplete on exposed areas ?
    Cleared the bowel problem, working on the consonants...

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    35mm x 1650 mm

If you like you can do a correction for the perforations and rebates... I mean, Maco state some tolerance. And yes, the capacity is dependant on the exposure: on an unexposed film you would practically (let's forget about the base fog and the rebate signature) have no exploitation of the developer, on a film exposed up the solarisation threshhold it would be maximum).
    Kodak even states for their colour developer C-41 different capacities depending on the speed of films.

To my understanding these capacity figures are stated for immediate use (no shelf time). So if you process all your sheets in sequence you only would have the factor of a larger developer surface, and this only for the time of processing.
    Last edited by AgX; 01-06-2008 at 07:30 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format

ROLLEI R3 sheet film with RHS developer

Quote Originally Posted by nick mulder View Post
    I am ordering 50 sheets of R3 in 8x10 and am unsure of how much developer to order - it is offered in 1L bottles ...

http://www.silverprint.co.uk/chem46.html (third one down)

The standard dil is 1+7 so with tray developing I've been using about a liter so that would give me 8 soups - but how many sheets can I develop with each ?

I prefer to develop no more than two sheets in a tray at once and am hoping the developer isn't just a one shot say like POTA or Pyro and I could reuse it again for two or more develops (two sheets each)...

Any experience here ?

Also, is the Rollei branded wetting agent really required, or is it just any other wetting agent that has been re-branded and hyped up a little ?

thanks!
    Nick

1 sheet of 8x10" are 0,052 sqm
    1 piece of 135-36 are 0,058 sqm
    RHS (LP-Supergrain) need therefore as an minimum 20 ml of RHS concentrate. These are with a dilution of 1+7 RHS + 140 ml of water, if the developer should be used as one-shot developer. This recommendation is for a rotation processing i.e. JOBO tands oder trays.

As a tank developing are completely other types of developer required. We have made very good experiences made on this with the DIAFINE developer.

With kind regards

Wolf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin