Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,285   Posts: 1,535,269   Online: 882

Shooter
    Multi Format

Ethol LPD - Ques. re: color of stock solution

I've been using LPD the past several months and it has always been a tepid light tan-like color. Today I mixed a sealed can and it is coffee( or a stout beer) color. I added it to my last 16 oz. of the previous "tan"mix and didn't notice any difference in print tone. Anyone have any thoughts or info regarding the deep change of color in the developer? (I'll try it 1:1 tomorrow to see if there is any change in using it by itself without adding the older "tan" mix I had.)
    Thanks
    GP

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by gphoto120 View Post
    I've been using LPD the past several months and it has always been a tepid light tan-like color. Today I mixed a sealed can and it is coffee( or a stout beer) color. I added it to my last 16 oz. of the previous "tan"mix and didn't notice any difference in print tone. Anyone have any thoughts or info regarding the deep change of color in the developer? (I'll try it 1:1 tomorrow to see if there is any change in using it by itself without adding the older "tan" mix I had.)
    Thanks
    GP

I've used quit a bit of LPD over the years, and it has always mixed up that tanish but almost clear color. IDK whats up with yours. Is anything else different? The water perhaps?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Was the color of the powder itself a darker color? You may want to print from a negative you've already printed from and compare the old and new print.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin