Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,697   Online: 847

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Here are my times for Rodinal at 1+50 dilution for select films.

APX 100.........10:00
    APX 400.........13:00
    Efke 25...........08:00
    PanF+ 50........10:30
    T-Max 100......12:00
    T-Max 400......11:30
    Tri-X 400........13:00

Agitation is continuous for the first 30 seconds and for 10 seconds each subsequent minute.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for the info - are there films that are "good" or "bad" with Rodinal? What are everyone's favorites?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    APX 100 and Rodinal 1+50 have given me some excellent results. The caveat is that APX is getting harder to find. Rodinal has a knack for bringing out tones in film, at a cost of increased perceived grain.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I do have some APX that I shot a while ago.

I have been shooting 400 speed films @ 250 then developing for 80% of the recommended 400 time. Is this still the way to go with Rodinal (I did this with XTOL)?

Thanks much!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    APX 400 and Rodinal 1+50 for 13 minutes have given satisfactory results. Many people feel the natural ISO of APX 400 to be less than box speed but I've found it's not necessarily the case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Snapshot View Post
    APX 100 and Rodinal 1+50 have given me some excellent results.
    APX100 and Rodinal were made for each other, and give outstanding results, very fine grain, good sharpness and excellent tonality. Probably one of the best film/developer combinations around.

Substitute the APX with Tmax100 shot at 50EI and the results are very similar, the only downside is Tmax needs a stop more exposure.

Ian

Shooter
    35mm RF
    You will get grain with Rodinal and faster films, does not worry me, but some people may be upset.

The 100 ASA films are all ok though.

Noel

Shooter
    Medium Format
    What about Tri-X and HP5+? WHat about Fuji Neopan? These films are very cheap! Will the grain be very overpowering? I like the high accutance of Rodinal will I get those results with HP5+ and Tri-X or neopan?

Thanks again!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The grain with faster films will be slightly larger with Rodinal compared to other developers like ID-11/D76 or Xtol, an exception is Tmax400 and possibly Delta 400.

Whether the grain is over-powering is really down to personal preference,

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin