Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,971   Posts: 1,558,656   Online: 941

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Help!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cellison View Post
    Now that I think about it the edge with the problem would not be touching the reel :\
    That's what I'm thinking.

Are the marks one every frame? Look carefully, as it will be difficult to see on darker images. If so, it would eliminate a reel problem, and point to a problem with the camera. Do you have 2 similar cameras, to shoot 2 rolls of film and then do identical processing?
    —Eric

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I had the exact same problem about a year or two ago. Switching from plastic to SS reels solved it for me.

Shooter
    35mm
    After more scanning I noticed this... it looks like the same marks on other negatives. These are frames #2 and #25 from the same roll.

These are the first rolls I've developed shot with this M3... perhaps a problem with the shutter?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Has to something to do with the shutter/film gate as the problem is the same, there's nothing else that can cause that happening

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I had something similar and it turned out to be the foam sealing strip on my f-2 . Don't know how it would apply to the lecia though. Look for a camera light leak. As stated, it doesn't match up for a reel problem.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    These would be light areas on the negatives. I don't know how light leak problems could cause this, unless we are talking about there being a general level of fog, except where the marks are.

Are the marks visible to the naked eye?

I ask because this could be a problem with the scanning.

Matt

Shooter
    35mm
    Were the smudges near the line present immediately, or are they from handling? Also, can you see this line and smudges using a loupe on the negative directly?

Shooter
    35mm
    Open up you Leica and trigger the shutter on bulb and see if there if anything looks odd on the end of the curtain, or in the film gate.

I've had mystery marks on the other edges that were from little bits of ribbon hanging off the shutter strings during exposure.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Is is possible that the film was crimped during loading onto the real? IDK.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I have a similar problem before, there is always a hair line in my pictures, then I found out there is really a hair hanging at the film gate!

As others said, it also could be shutter problem.

Alex W.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin