Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,925   Posts: 1,556,801   Online: 969

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Question about JOBO processor 8

I have just purchased on ebay a JOBO process timer that came with no instructions. I have been unable to set any of the step times to zero. The least amount of time I can set any step is six seconds. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks for your considerations.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Manuals for most Jobo products are online, here's a pointer to the list;
    http://www.jobo.com/jobo_service/ana...pdf/index.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewillard View Post
    I have just purchased on ebay a JOBO process timer that came with no instructions. I have been unable to set any of the step times to zero. The least amount of time I can set any step is six seconds. Is this normal behavior?

Thanks for your considerations.
    Yes, that is normal. It is a process timer rather than an enlarging timer, so rarely does anyone need times so short. Also, with longer times such as 3:00 the timer might float to 2:59, or 3:01 which is fine.

Start with channel 1 and then set the times for each step up to step 8. Once the timer finds a 0 time step it resets.

Press the big button to start the timer. When time runs out, the timer beeps and start to count up for each second past the 0 mark until you push the big button. Then the timer advances to the next step but pauses. Therefore you have to push the big button twice to fluidly move into the next step. (I wish I could find a footswitch for mine; it does not accept a standard Gralab footswitch.) When you are ready to start over with the process, press the reset button and it reverts back to step one.
    Jerold Harter MD

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jeroldharter View Post
    Start with channel 1 and then set the times for each step up to step 8. Once the timer finds a 0 time step it resets.
    But jeroldharter, this does not make sense because I am unable to set any of the steps to zero - only at least 6 seconds.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by stevewillard View Post
    But jeroldharter, this does not make sense because I am unable to set any of the steps to zero - only at least 6 seconds.
    Good point. In practice, once you get past the finish point, just press the reset key. I wrote it from memory. I am not sure if mine really zeroes out - I just ran up to the darkroom and mine does not zero out either. The timer rests at 6-9 seconds. In practice, that does not cause problems but I don't know why it is like that.
    Jerold Harter MD

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin