Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,926   Posts: 1,585,132   Online: 851

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

Shooter
    Large Format
    I want that good APUG feeling back. *sigh* Please don't let this place go the way of photo.net.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm in Ron's boat on this one concerning the thread at large. Jason is probably right about Jeffery, he may have been writing in one of those heat of the moment times.

The thread probably should have been moved out of the darkroom and into the lounge or soapbox, both of which I have on ignore.

Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    No offence Ron, but it would do, given your emotional investment in Kodak. To the rest of us it seems an average thread.
    Andy;

You would eat your words if you saw how angry I get at Kodak sometimes. I have refrained from expressing it except in one sense....

Why do you think I'm making and coating emulsions right now? I am angry that they are abandoning analog so much, and also that they will give me no help. Oh well.

The introduction to my book says "I would like to thank Kodak for making this work necessary!".

I hope that puts things in perspective for you. From another angle, some seem to agree with me on my POV. So, I'm not alone. But I do understand your POV as well.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you look back a bunch of pages, you'll see that Jeffrey apologized for any offense he may have engendered. He is NOT a troll. I'll bet dollars to donuts he'd love to just delete this entire thread. However, keep in mind that it hasn't been he who's kept it alive this long!

And while we're at it, the two worst POS cars I've ever owned were German and Japanese. The Japanese car was a Subaru from the late 70's that proved to me that, at that time, the Japanese could make shit come in color (I now own a 2000 Subaru Outback that's just been terrific...things change!). The German car was an Audi 90CS that was even worse than the old Subaru only exponentially more expensive to maintain. That's a brand I will NEVER own again. Come to think of it, my 1980 Chevy Malibu wagon, albeit with a chronic oil leak, wasn't nearly as bad as the other two I've just mentioned. :rolleyes:
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    35mm
    Best car (mechanically) I ever owned is a truck, a 1989 F250, 130,000m with brakes, oil, wiper blades, spark plugs, and a battery.

Worst was a Fiat. Owned it a year, spent more fixing it than I paid for it, and got so I was afraid to drive it.

My jeep has gone 80,000m since new, with brakes, oil, and wiper blades. Knock on wood.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    Worst was a Fiat.
    Fiat.....Fix It Again Tony
    John Voss

My Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Ford F150 reviewed by Top Gear.*

*WARNING: Strong ironic content.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Andy K View Post
    The Ford F150 reviewed by Top Gear.*

*WARNING: Strong ironic content.
    Ironic indeed.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Large Format
    What I found Ironic was a post by the OP stating that he just bought a NOS Nikon F4s. He was raving about what a great camera it was. Last time I checked Nikon had just about abandoned analog photography. They only make the top of the line F6 and the bottom of the line FM10 these days. The middle of their product line (the stuff most of us would likely be interested in) has vanished......

So let me get this straight, Jeffrey dishes Kodak because they abandoned him, yet he feels no ill will against Nikon....go figure.

By the way, I proudly use Nikon (both analog and digital) and Kodak (analog only) products and Yes, I still wish Azo and the Nikon FM3A were still in production.
    Last edited by jgjbowen; 01-18-2008 at 08:54 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: splng..twice
    John Bowen

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4891011121314

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin