Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,049   Posts: 1,561,085   Online: 768

Thread: TFX2

Shooter
    4x5 Format

TFX2

Anybody with experience using Photogrpher's Formulary TFX2? If so what are your recomended development times for FP4+, HP5+, Fuji ACROS100, Neopan 400? Thanks

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Crawley's FX-2 and PF's version (TFX-2)

Quote Originally Posted by Photoe View Post
    Anybody with experience using Photogrpher's Formulary TFX2? If so what are your recomended development times for FP4+, HP5+, Fuji ACROS100, Neopan 400? Thanks
    Take a look at this APUG thread:

http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/3...nd-here-2.html
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    35mm
    Don't know if this is a widely known resource or not, but it's worth mentioning. I use this site as my goto for developer/film combinations:

http://www.digitaltruth.com/devchart.html

They have a pretty wide variety of results. I wish they had more information, though. It'd be nice to see sample negatives/curves/etc. I suppose that would be too much to ask. I'm sure they'd appreciate it if you submitted your results though, since they don't currently have any of the combinations you listed.

Time for original FX-2 for FP4 roll film 68F is 14 min with 6 inversions/min.Agitation can be reduced to every 2 or 3 min with a time increase of 1/3 or 1/2.(BJP annual 1987)
    Crawley never published any times for 400 ISO films in FX-2.
    I develop Delta 100 21min 68F agitating every 3 min, EI 100 sun/shade.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I use it (or rather, home-made FX-2 without the pinacryptol yellow) at half strength. 30 seconds agitation, stand for half an hour. Then 30 seconds agitation, and stand for an hour.

Every film I've tried has given good negatives from that. I've even done Ekfe KB25 and Delta 400 in the same tank!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    TFX2 is a proprietary modification of FX-2, and, as I recall, it has some special additives. I used it for the first time last year, with Kodak TMX, when I couldn't find anything else. The negatives looked pretty ugly - thin, flat, gray - but they printed well. The times for FX-2 seem to work, but I can't guarantee them. There is a data sheet for this developer on the Photographers' Formulary website, but it just recommends 10 - 14 minutes, in a general way.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have always assumed that the "T" in TFX-2 meant Troop (as in Bill Troop's modification of Crawley's FX-2).

My results confirm to me that Crawley's FX-2 (I mixed it without the Pinacryptol Yellow) works very well with tabular grain films like TMX and TMY.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin