Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,929   Posts: 1,585,235   Online: 847

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    and another bottle of HC-110 to go with it!

Whoopty-freaking-do!!!!!

I'm seriously considering switching from Provia to E-100G too. I just wish it was available in 5x7!

Hey, watch your language! There may be women & children here!

Shooter
    Medium Format

Yes, plastic syringe for HC-110 syrup.

HC-110 syrup is really gooey, and it's OK with the syringe approach. That method is tidy and not wasteful.

As mentioned, some don't have stellar developing results with it. I'm still trying, but not convinced it's for me and HP5+ in the long run. I've never duplicated my consistently satisfying results with Rodinal 1+50 for Delta 100 and FP4+. Maybe DD-X for HP5+.

Images
    Good Evening,

As Larry indicates, HC-110 concentrate is somewhat viscous. To me, however, it's not thick enough to cause any difficulty. I have mixed as little as 8 ounces of solution (1/4 ounce of concentrate for dilution B) with no problem whatsoever. I use exactly the approach described above by John Bowen. My graduate is a small plastic (Jobo?) which holds a maximum of less than an ounce. I also have some small measuring glasses I found in the housewares department at Wal-Mart. Except for being marked, they look like shot glasses and hold about an ounce. I've found them to be easily precise enough for measuring HC-110 and other concentrates such as T-Max, but I'll concede that they might be a bit tricky to use with a 1:100 Rodinal solution, at least for only a roll or two of 35mm. With HC-110 it's worth a little effort to work out a consistent method of mixing directly from concentrate, unless you process quite a bit of film and do it regularly.

Konical

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin