Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,898   Posts: 1,584,346   Online: 774

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

I just bought another box of Kodak Tri-X 320TXP !

and another bottle of HC-110 to go with it!

Whoopty-freaking-do!!!!!

I'm seriously considering switching from Provia to E-100G too. I just wish it was available in 5x7!
    Last edited by BradS; 01-14-2008 at 01:00 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: typo

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry, but your post is incomplete. You are supposed to go on to say how this means you will NOT be supporting some other company that has done you some sort of perceived ill or wronged you in a horrible, I'm-takin'-this-personally kind of way.

Do better next time!
    Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love the Tri-X and will use it forever if I can. That and Ilford FP4 are my two mainstay films.

Brad, if you're handy with a cutter, you get two 5x7 sheets from one 8x10... I haven't seen much transparency film in 5x7. Seems like it's a b&w kind of format.

- Thomas
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Congrats BradS

Hey just to let everyone know about new purchases I got a new small camera bag for my C330 and some lense cleaner!!!!!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just returned from my favorite camera shop where I put some $$ down on a Nikon 50mm AF 1.8.
    "Supporting my local camera dealer"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    "I just bought another box of Kodak Tri-X 320TXP"

Good man.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    and another bottle of HC-110 to go with it!

Whoopty-freaking-do!!!!!

I'm seriously considering switching from Provia to E-100G too. I just wish it was available in 5x7!
    Hey Brad,

I had the exact same thoughts after reading the "I switched chemicals" thread
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Large Format
    That's awesome. I wish I could get to like HC-110. I'm probably doing something wrong. Mixing it straight from the concentrate, is that okay?
    It's sticky and messy, like maple syrup. I have a few lab pipettes and none can pull this stuff. Didn't mean to jack your thread, but how do you use HC-110?

Shooter
    Large Format

HC-110

Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post
    That's awesome. I wish I could get to like HC-110. I'm probably doing something wrong. Mixing it straight from the concentrate, is that okay?
    It's sticky and messy, like maple syrup. I have a few lab pipettes and none can pull this stuff. Didn't mean to jack your thread, but how do you use HC-110?
    Phillip,

I use Dilution B mixed from concentrate. That is one ounce syrup to 31 ounces water. I start with about 16 ounces of water, then measure 1 ounce of HC-110 syrup using a tall Paterson graduate. http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...5oz_45ml_.html

I pour the syrup into the water, then fill the graduate with water 6-8 times until all the syrup is out of the graduate and mixed with the water. Fill the quart graduate to 32 ounces, stir and develop film.

Works like a charm,
    John Bowen

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Phillip P. Dimor View Post

HC-110, good stuff, all-purpose dev. Yes, mix it straight from the bottle. I use a syringe from the drug store. It will pull it up for you and is great for using small amounts of devs like HC-100, Rodinal or Pyrocat.

I can't say whether you're doing something wrong or not. Some devs just don't click with some people. It can sometimes take several rolls before you hit it.

See also http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/
    http://www.mironchuk.com/hc-110.html

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin