Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,199   Posts: 1,531,470   Online: 865

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Large Format
    As my memory serves me, it was $68.00 plus shipping.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.chemistrystore.com/ sells anhydrous sodium thisulfate, so you save on the shipping weight of the water in the hydrate.
    art is about managing compromise

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My local supplier sells crystalline hypo for about $2/kg, anhydrous for $15... They have no "bulk option" for anhydrous, only analytic grade. The crystals are technical grade.

I wish there were a supplier of photographic chemicals here in Norway!
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (avandesande @ May 9 2003, 10:12 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> http://www.chemistrystore.com/ sells anhydrous sodium thisulfate, so you save on the shipping weight of the water in the hydrate. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Do you still use 32 oz. dry measure per gallon as you would with prismatic rice crystals?
    Jim

Images
    OK, as you may have seen from my post earlier today, the amidol and fix have arrived. A couple of questions about mixing now...

I bought 4 1 liter units of the Michael A Smith formula. The kits each have 30 g of Sodium Sulfite, 3 Grams Citric Acid, & 8 Grams of Amidol. Also included was a seprate baggie of Pot. Bromide 10 grams.

Looking at Michael&#39;s site, the Amidol formula calls for KBr (10% solution) 2 cc . IU imagine that this is the Pot. Bromide. How do I make this solution? and is 10 Grams enough for 4 liters of Amidol? I Plan on making it just prior to use each printing session.
    hi!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    10g of Potassium Bromide (chemical formula KBr) will make 100cc of 10% solution. That should last you a while...
    Norway

Images
    So I would mix the 10g with 100 cc of Distilled water and I will be able to store it in a small container and just use 2cc per liter? Easy enough&#33; Any ideas for storage containers that small?
    hi!

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Dunno - I&#39;ve bought "chem lab authorised" Nalgene bottles in all sized from 100cc to 2liter, just to have enough. I figure you can never have too many bottles - just like trays - and find the 100cc ones really useful for all those fiddly little solutions. Like Pyrocat-HD, or Silver Nitrate for salt prints.

And mixing the 10g with 100cc water is what you&#39;re after, yes.
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Brian,
    I bought small brown glass bottles...Maybe 20 oz? from one of the photo materials suppliers (believe that it was B&H). I imagine that any of the dealers that you have there should have them. If you can&#39;t locate them there, you might check a lab supply house. Good luck with the Amidol and Azo...I imagine that you will be in for a pleasant surprise. I know that I was.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin