Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,931   Posts: 1,556,968   Online: 1015

Thread: Chosing film..

Shooter
    Medium Format

Chosing film..

Ok, so there is probably a wealth of information on this somewhere but it has thus far eluded me so I'll ask for some directions!

Whats the difference between "Cubic Grain" and "Tabular Grain" in B&W film? I just wondering what the difference is between the 'Delta' Ilford film and the other lines of Ilford film.

Thanks

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Mearns,

Not Ilford, but from the "modern" family. http://www.kodak.com/US/plugins/acro...1/H1_23-27.pdf

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    35mm
    http://www.cheresources.com/photochem.shtml
    Scroll down to "The Latent Image and Image Development"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Excellent! thank you very much, it all becomes clear...!

Shooter
    35mm
    As a practical matter, you should probably try a few rolls of both types. That way you'll be able to judge how the grain looks and whether it suits your aesthetic sense. Personally, I don't much care for T-Max 400 or Delta 400 (although I've not yet tried the latest T-Max 400); although the grain is finer than the grain for other films, it just doesn't look as good as conventional grain does to my eyes. You might have the opposite reaction, of course. Oddly, I do like T-Max 100; the grain is fine enough in that film that I don't have the same reaction to it that I have to T-Max 400's grain.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin