Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,660   Online: 971

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    IOS

Shooter
    35mm

Can i develope paper with Kodak hc-110

Im making my first attempt at printing tonight and was wondering if i can use hc-110 as the developer ? The paper im using is Ilford multigrade iv rc deluxe. Also is there a developing chart for paper online ? Do i mix the stopbath and fixer the same way i would when i develope film ?

Thank you .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Probably, but it's not ideal. Have a look at the Ilford website there are some excellent PDF files on all aspects of B&W processing.

Ian

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    Probably, but it's not ideal. Have a look at the Ilford website there are some excellent PDF files on all aspects of B&W processing.

Ian
    Ian, thank you for responding and for the Ilford link. I will get the Ilford paper developer tomorrow. It's 1am here in chicago and i have the urge to make my first print and i only have Kodak hc-110 and Calbe r09 developers, i know it sounds crazy but i cant sleep with all the excitment over me making my first print and im trying to find how i can use the developers i have here. I guess i need photography rehab very bad.

jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Jim, some people have used Rodinal as a print developer, so as RO9 is the old Rodinal formula you could give it a try. Don't dilute it too much, maybe 1:10 or 1:15.

Ian

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Jim, some people have used Rodinal as a print developer, so as RO9 is the old Rodinal formula you could give it a try. Don't dilute it too much, maybe 1:10 or 1:15.

Ian

Should the mix be stronger then the mix i use for film ? I use a 1:40 when i develope film. The developer is not Rodinal its Calbe r09, does that make a difference ?

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Calbe RO9 is just the original Rodinal formula which continued in production in East Germany, the West German Agfa Rodinal (now made by A&O) is just a newer improved version.

Yes as I suggested use it stronger or you dev times will be far too long. Try 1+10 if thats too fast dilute it a bit more.

Ian

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Calbe RO9 is just the original Rodinal formula which continued in production in East Germany, the West German Agfa Rodinal (now made by A&O) is just a newer improved version.

Yes as I suggested use it stronger or you dev times will be far too long. Try 1+10 if thats too fast dilute it a bit more.

Ian

Ian, thank you very much for the advice ! I will be heading down to my basement to try my first print. Thanks again !!

Jim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just for the fun of it, check this recipe for Rodinal as a paper developer: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum222/...ht-papers.html

I have been thinking about trying this out, but I have never gotten around to it.
    “Do your work, then step back. The only path to serenity.” - Lao Tzu

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    After 12 prints i started to improve. I will hit the supply store today to get more paper, would you reccomend Ilford paper ? I was thinking Kodak but the way things are going with Kodak dicontinuing everything i dont want to get used to their paper and they pull it like everything else.

Thankls for your help .

Shooter
    Multi Format
    There's a page here for using HC-110 as a paper dev:http://www.covingtoninnovations.com/hc110/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin