Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,813   Posts: 1,581,566   Online: 939

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    yes, we are essentially saying the same thing.

HIE seems to be a fast emulsion (horrendous grain) which is only sensitised to red and IR; the blue/UV is the native silver halide sensitivity. MACO IR is a panchromatic film with extended IR sensitivity.

BTW the Rollei IR 820/400 works fine with a 695 IR filter, and is fast enough with that to allow hand-held shooting. I tried it in a Bessa-L with 21mm Color-Skopar and a Heliopan filter; setting the speed dial to 200 gave good results measuring through the filter. It ended up at something like EI 20.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Cor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    yes, we are essentially saying the same thing.

HIE seems to be a fast emulsion (horrendous grain)
    ..excellent for Lith printing though..

Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    BTW the Rollei IR 820/400 works fine with a 695 IR filter, and is fast enough with that to allow hand-held shooting. I tried it in a Bessa-L with 21mm Color-Skopar and a Heliopan filter; setting the speed dial to 200 gave good results measuring through the filter. It ended up at something like EI 20.
    ..interesting: to get a decent IR effect I had to use a 89c filter, at 8 asa..

Best,

Cor

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Cor,

The sensitivity curve for Rollei IR 820/400 is here.

I went for a Heliopan 695 filter since I wanted to keep as much of the IR sensitivity as possible while filtering out as much as possible of the visible light. A 720nm filter is better for blocking visible light, but cuts into the shorter bit of the IR.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin