Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,211   Online: 861

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Caselton Corners, Staten Island, New York
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF

?Jobo tank for 8X10 film?

Hi:

Did Jobo ever make a tank for developing 8X10 sheet film?

Regards.

Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They made tanks for 10x8 prints, so yes there's no difference.

Ian

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    No, but they did produce the the Expert 3005 tank that can hold 5 sheets of 10x8. You could trying putting your film in sideways.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Since JOBO are German, it is far more likely that the tanks are made for 18x24cm film, with the possibility of 20,3x25,4cm film as an afterthought.
    Last edited by Ole; 01-23-2008 at 07:35 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: spellling . and, Punctuation?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post
    Since JOBO are German, it is far more likely that the tanks are made for 18x24cm film, with the possibility of 20,3x25,4cm film as an afterthought.
    Maybe yes, maybe no, Ole. There is more than one German firm that has seen the USA as a pretty good market rather than an afterthought. For many of the early years 50% then 60% of Porsche’s production came over here. Now if you put the film on its side as mentioned, 8x10 and 10x8 adds up to a sizable market.

Joking aside, many of us use the 3005 Expert drum in the CPP-2 and CPA Jobo. I do not think it will work on the CPE, but someone else correct me if needed. If you want to use a pyro developer, I particularly like Rollo Pyro from Bostick and Sullivan. Rollo Pyro developer was designed for use in the Jobo.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John is correct, the expert drums are too large to be used on the CPEs. Also, if you wish to use the expert drums on the CPA, and CPPs, you want to check that the rotation motor and drive circuit are up to driving them - Jobo rotation motor upgrade bulletin.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Seriously for a moment, I use paper drums for 8x10" (and 5x7", and 13x18, 18x24, 24x30 and 30x40cm) films. The 2830 print drum takes four 5x7" or two 8x10", or one 24x30cm. The main difference with the 2840 is that that tank can also take 11x14" or 30x40cm.

I might have bought an "expert" drum, if I had a larger machine than the CPE-2. But since the CPE is all I have, and I get great results from that, I see no reason to upgrade.

I even do E6 in print drums, and have had no problems (except stupidity - like loading two sheets on top of each other).
    Norway

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole View Post

I even do E6 in print drums, and have had no problems (except stupidity - like loading two sheets on top of each other).
    Or using plain water as a developer.

Ole, any chance of another get-together like you arranged before? I'd love to come.

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by markbb View Post
    Ole, any chance of another get-together like you arranged before? I'd love to come.
    There's always a possibility, but I don't know when I could have the time to organise one. This year at least my work scedule is far to unpredictable to plan anything more than (at most) one week ahead, and I don't know what the next year will be like.

But there are other get-togethers: Farris Fotoklubb is arranging one; so far these have tended to be definitely LF-biased.

And Emil Schildt ("gandolfi") is arranging one in Denmark this summer. at least the roads are better there, even if the landscape is a bit too horizontal for my taste.
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I should have added that, like Ole, I use the 28xx series print drums for my 5x7s.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin