Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,660   Posts: 1,481,547   Online: 987

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Elke 25 & Pyro

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a few negs (4x5) I shot last weekend on Mt. Rainier on Elke 25. I can't seem to find a time for Pyro. I have at my disposal for WD2D+ and PMK (I would prefer to use the WD2D+). The closes film I can seem to find for this is either Elke 100 or Agfa 25.

Any ideas?

I also have a couple of Bergger 200 you process also. I was look at about 11.5 mins at 20C. If I'm way off, please let me know.

Thanks.
    Steve
    The soul never thinks without an image.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Large Format
    Steve,
    If these are important negatives and considering the developers that you have, I would place a phone call to Photographers Formulary. They will have development times for those two developers and those films. Good luck.
    Art is a step from what is obvious and well-known toward what is arcane and concealed.

Visit my website at http://www.donaldmillerphotography.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried one neg at 8 mins and it looked a little thin (but I'm really not sure what pyro negs should look like) so I did the next one at 10. It was a little denser. I'll try to contact sheet them tomorrow and see what they truly look like. If it works out I'll report back.
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Results of further testing.

Bregger 200 (shot at 100)
    Processed at 11.5 mins @20C in WD2D+

The negs still seem a little thin. I'll get a chance the contact sheet them tonight.

Elke 25 (shot at 25 ISO)
    Processed at 10 mins @ 20C in WD2D+

Negs look to be what I say looks like normal density and through a lupe look incrediable. Again I'll contact sheet them tonight and repost.

- Aristotle

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (magic823 @ May 13 2003, 09:29 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>Elke 25 (shot at 25 ISO)
    Processed at 10 mins @ 20C in WD2D+
    </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    Elke? Thew only "Elke" I&#39;ve heard about was Elke Sommer. She is pretty damn well devloped...
    Carpe erratum!!

Ed Sukach, FFP.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sorry, I meant Efke 25.

There&#39;s a joker in every crowd....
    - Aristotle

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    </span><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Aggie @ May 13 2003, 07:09 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> BTW with pyro developers, thin is not bad. </td></tr></table><span class='postcolor'>
    It&#39;s bad for me when printing on Azo. I would imagine that it&#39;s also bad for the platinum/palladium/ziatype crowd or for anyone doing carbon prints.

Also, is a pyro negative really thin? If properly developed in a staining concoction with low general stain, the stain adds density which you can&#39;t see. Maybe your statement would be more accurate if we reworded it as: "...with pyro developers, what APPEARS to be thin may not be bad".
    Jim

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The proof is in the print... it is hard to guage how a negative will print just by looking at it, you will just have to try printing it. Efke pl25 lends itself to contrast, you should probably get decent results with compensating developers as well as with straight ABC. It seems to pick up much less &#39;general stain&#39; in abc compared to pl100.
    It&#39;s an interesting film and is reasonably priced.
    art is about managing compromise

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin