Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,927   Posts: 1,585,170   Online: 813

IOS

Shooter
    35mm

Spotted negatives !

When i developed this roll it came out spotted. I dont think that its air bubbles or dust. Could it be fungus ? I cant seem to figure what happened to this roll of Kodak HIE. Thank you for taking a look.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails spotted1.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have had this same look in the past which was caused by fixer contamination of developer. Being HIE, it may be something else.
    Richard

Why are there no speaker jacks on a stereo camera?

Shooter
    35mm
    I just developed a roll of Fortepan 400 that has a similar problem. I just posted a comment to an earlier thread on this subject. The Fortepan almost certainly has a defective emulsion, but that may not be the explanation for the Kodak HIE. Certainly Kodak's got better quality control than Forte ever did.

IOS

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by srs5694 View Post
    I just developed a roll of Fortepan 400 that has a similar problem. I just posted a comment to an earlier thread on this subject. The Fortepan almost certainly has a defective emulsion, but that may not be the explanation for the Kodak HIE. Certainly Kodak's got better quality control than Forte ever did.

I also seen the other post and the issue looks just like mine. I posted my negative scan on his thread so he can compare it to his. Maybe Freestyle has a storage issue !

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A recent roll of HIE of mine has a similar spotting. I bought mine at a shop in Newton, Mass, so I don't think it's a storage thing. And it didn't happen in every frame, as far as I can tell; maybe just the ones where I was out in the sun. Someone mentioned it could be from the pressure plate in the camera. I know the one I used does have a dimpled plate. The camera I used to use did not and I never had this happen with rolls from that one. Could be coincidence.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    A while back I had something similar. I put it down to condensation on the neg after I took the film out of the refrigerator. I put all my film in Ziploc bags now and suck out as much air as I can before they go in the 'fridge. I also let the film fully warm up before I take it out of the bag so that any condensation is on the outside of the bag.

Now, I don't KNOW if this was indeed the problem, but I haven't experienced it since.

Bob
    "Why is there always a better way?"

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin