Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,556   Posts: 1,545,057   Online: 990

Shooter
    Multi Format

HIE and Joshua Tree

I am going to Joshua tree next weekend and I was planning on using one of my two rolls of HIE 135 while I am shooting MF. I got to thinking that since I only have two rolls and the IR effects of leaves and grass appearing light colored or white would be lost in the high desert, would I be wasting the HIE if I used it in Joshua tree?

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    You'd have the IR dark skies if you wanted them.
    The universe is a haunted house. -Coil

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HIE is great for bringing out wispy clouds that would otherwise be lost on pan film. It also penetrates the distances like no other becuse UV haze is nonexistant. This fact causes the scale of a landscape to look different on occasion because of that lack of fadeout.
    Gary Beasley

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I can already get dark skies with a polarizer or black skies with a 25A red filter and Tri-X 400 or T-Max 400. If that is all I will get with HIE in Joshua
    Tree NP, I will save the HIE for the Spring or Summer and risk not getting any more.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin