Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,979   Posts: 1,523,728   Online: 1156

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Ilford Rapid Fixer's narcotic effect on houseflies

Has anybody else noticed this? I had my 4x5 development tanks (formerly Rubbermaid food containers) set up in a water bath and noticed a fly sitting on the corner of the bath nearest my fixer tank. I shood it away, and it was a little lazy but managed to get out of the room. When the temperatures were correct I started turning the lights off and noticed that the fly was sitting on the lip of the fixer tank. I tried to shoo it away, but it was only when I touched the thing that it flew, extremely slowly, out of the room. Normally these flies take off if they even notice me looking at them, but when on the fixer it's reflexes were so slow that I had to touch it for the fly to notice me! Has anyone else noticed a similar effect?

- Justin

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I have not noticed that effect but I do know someone who mistakingly picked up a spray can of lacquer instead of fly killing spray. He said that it temporarily turned the flies into gliders!

Steve.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    This is VERY interesting... if the Ilford product actually ATTRACTS the flies and then makes them sleepy, I'll surely use it next summer on my veranda, where they're a big nuisance when we try to eat...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've noticed that when you use fixer as a cocktail mixer, (Scotch and Hypo being th most famous) the world changes from Black and White to colour!!!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin