Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,542   Posts: 1,572,791   Online: 901

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here is a scan of one of the negs I shot. It's a bit blown out in the highlights, more due to the scan than the neg. The instruction to develop for 'one speed faster' than the manufacturer recommends in Ilfotec DD-X is a good one for these low light situations.
    As far as I understand it, the normal ISO of the Delta 3200 is around 1000. This was shot at 3200 and developed for the 6400 time. The negs are very easy to print with plenty of detail in shadows and highlights alike.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Bertilsson View Post
    Interesting that this thread surfaced when it did. I did some photography in an amphitheater where my son's school play was. It was a great performance, and I wanted to give something to his school, so I dragged a medium format camera with a 300mm lens and a 2x tele-extender with me.
    I shot from about 150 feet away and got some interesting shots. I used Delta 3200, exposed it at 3200 and developed according to the 6400 recommended time by Ilford in their DD-X chemistry. The negs turned out super, so the recommendation of developing for longer than Ilford recommends I think is definitely a good one (for my purposes anyway).
    Not to say that Ilford is wrong, but I have a feeling most folks use D3200 in poor lighting, which means indoors a lot of times, and if I remember correctly the film speed slows down some in artificial lighting compared to daylight. If that's the case, it all makes sense.
    I love the look of the film / developer combination and will continue to use it for low light. When I get something printed I'll post back here with examples.
    - Thomas
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg  
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    4x5 Format

delta 3200

Thanks for all the help, getting nice results using Ei 1000, DDX 1+4 for 8.5 mins at 20 deg c.
    Terry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I love D3200 in medium format, where it is the only choice for fast film.
    Ilford state that this is a 1000 ISO film that can be rated to higher EI depending on the developer.
    I have a little test here:
    http://photo-utopia.blogspot.com/200...elta-3200.html

Once you nail a setting, you'll get a marvellous tone for such a high speed (push)

The above was shot at EI3200 and developed in Rodinal 1:25 for 11 mins
    In case you haven't guessed I like it!
    Mark

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin