Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,291   Posts: 1,535,449   Online: 933

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I understand what you mean. Some films are worse than others, and some just roll onto the reel almost by themselves.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jgcull View Post
    Well, I processed the film after the developer had been sitting, covered with plastic wrap, about 8 hours. The negatives look alright... as OK as I think they might, coming from a Holga with too many light leaks. I usually keep it pretty well taped, at least in certain places. Anyway, the developer was pretty fine.

Thanks, guys!

Janet

Glad it turned out well, I was quite curious.
    Last edited by jim appleyard; 02-04-2008 at 08:33 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: addition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jgcull View Post
    I use plastic, but find the very tight curl sometimes makes it difficult for me to get on the reel. If I do as described, it goes on in a few seconds. I've found that way just works best for me.
    JG
    Well, if it works for you, ok; but have been loading 120 and 220 film myself since the 1950s with no apparent "curl" problem. With plastic, the reels must be kept scrupulously clean--I use a bristle kitchen pot brush on a handle to scrub my plastic reels after use. I use Bon Ami Cleanser or Bar Keeper's Friend.
    One thing, else. If you do a small clip off the corners of the film end which goes into the reel, it might keep you from having to reverse wind the film and carry it around.

John, Mount Vernon, Virginia USA

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin