Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,033   Online: 884

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

What devloper did you use c6? Thanks.

Ed

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As i said in my previous post, one sheet of each the new and the old TMY is hardly a test and i am hopefull that i made a mistake rather than having a new 120SW being temperamental. Time will tell as new posts from others experiences will come in.
    I also want to thank Sandy for the TMY test in the VC.

jan

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex Hawley View Post
    Good article Sandy. Thanks for bringing attention to it. Have you done testing with pyrocat and extreme minimal agitation yet? I'm hoping to start my EMA testing this weekend, assuming the friggin' weather cooperates.

Hi Alex,

To this point I have not developed the new TMY-2 film in Pyrocat with minimal agitation. If you do any testing, please report your results.

It was over 70F and sunny here in South Carolina yesterday, but today we have big storms and lots of rain.

Sandy

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post

I had a run in with Sandy a few months ago when he asked what was the best film/developer combination to use on his trip to China, I challenged him for not thinking of using his own Pyrocat HD, to be fair he hadn't formulated the developer with smaller formats 35mm/120 in mind and hadn't tried them. I don't think he realised just how good his Pyrocat developer is.

He's given us more than enough information to be able to almost seamlessly move from the old to new Tmax 400, so thank you Sandy.

Ian

Hi Ian,

Thanks for your comments. I am going to start a new thread about the subjet of C-41 monochrome versus regular B&W films based on the results of my trip to China and subsequent work.

Sandy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Sandy, I'll look forward to your thread & comments.

Quote Originally Posted by sanking View Post
    As Ted suggests, there is a great deal more in the article than has been discussed here. I said from the beginning that I would not consider it appropriate to discuss the article in detail until it was in print. Hope you all understand.
    Yes I realised but felt people were fishing for details of what you'd written, I've just subscribed to VC so I can read it.

Ian

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Thanks for the heads up Sandy.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahler_one View Post
    What devloper did you use c6? Thanks.

Ed
    Harvey's 777.

I did six rolls of 120 film and compared them to six rolls of TMY shot of the same subjects and developed in the same batch of developer. I printed them together.

So far I've developed six sheets of TMax 4x5, 3 of TMY and 3 of TMY-2 all exposed and developed together. I haven't printed the sheet film yet, but I can see greater highlight density on the negative.

The results are the same. Consistently. I don't know what good that is to anyone, though, as Harvey's is a pretty arcane developer. I don't think there are very many people using it.

One thing's for sure: I'm sold on this new film. For me it represents a dramatic improvement.
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 02-06-2008 at 04:48 PM. Click to view previous post history.

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Jim, good to know. I am slowly getting into Harvey's 777 and will try to make my next comparison with Harvey's later this week.

jan

C6: Just to add to your information....very early results comparing two negatives ( 4x5 ) similarly exposed and developed together in the Jobo expert tank at 75 degrees using DDX 1:9 show similar results to what you have thus far noted...highlights have more density when examined on the light table, shadows look about the same. Impossible to comments on the sharpness yet. More negatives in the works along with some prints. Will take about a week or so. However, if the highlights consistently appear more dense then the "old" Tmax 400 then I suppose some BTZS testing might be in the works....I sure hope not. I guess I can try to archive some of the old film for a while....

I'm also planning to compare the two films, simlarly exposed, developed together in Rollo Pyro with the same parameters. Will also give details subsequently.

Ed
    Last edited by Mahler_one; 02-16-2008 at 08:55 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Added some comments

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin