Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,553   Online: 1201

Shooter
    Medium Format

Adox MCC 111 paper

Having read through most of the posts on the large thread. Has anyone tried their paper sample in a warm tone developer? How does the colour compare to other papers?

Most describe it as neutral in neutral developer!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I haven't seen it in Canada. Is it Europe only for availability? I would be interested in trying it.
    "The secret to life is to keep your mind full and your bowels empty. Unfortunately, the converse is true for most people."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    http://www.apug.org/forums/forum172/...essing-16.html

Freestyle would be your closest stockist, but the paper hasn't been fully released yet...only the test samples.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary Holliday View Post
    Most describe it as neutral in neutral developer!
    Actually, I found it to be SLIGHTLY warm in a neutral developer...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I saw that...in highlights or the darker tones?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    SLIGHTLY warm in the highlights... Darks were neutral. Toned in selenium (KRST 1:50 for 3 minutes) I noticed a slight deepening of the pure blacks with probably no change to the overall image color, this is what I was after. I received 5 sheets of 8x10 which I cut down to 20 sheets of 4x5 and was able to pull 3 finished contact prints (you can see them in my apug gallery) but you can't tell anything about the color from the scans. I don't have enough experience with warm tone developers to even guess their effect on this paper... The range of Adox MCC 111 in both local and overall contrast is what impressed me. If you get your hands on some please post your results Gary. All the best. Shawn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...15&ppuser=2670

I used it in a warm tone developer, and it's slightly warm, but I didn't have enough paper to compare it to a neutral developer. It's still quite cool compared to Ilford WT in warm tone developer, and that's a look I've become accustomed to. It's nice paper, I'd love to try a bit more than 5 sheets. Hard to really get a feel for it with so little.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin