Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,896   Posts: 1,584,311   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Doing the home brew sounds great. Where in the UK can you order the raw chemicals?

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    It makes a lot of difference! I believe the posters above were talking about Sodium Bisulphite, but that the fingers slipped on the keyboard?

andrew, Silverprint has just about anything you need.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Chris,
    If you're buying liquid fixer and having it shipped you are paying a large shipping charge for a lot of plain water and some chemicals. I think you would be better off paying shipping on just the chemistry.

Buy a jug of distilled water - not the 'pure' bottled mountain water people drink - Steam Distilled. You can find it in most markets.

The triosulpfate/bisulpfite ratios mentioned above will do it. I've become accustomed to heating 750mL water to 52c and adding the triosulphate and when disolved add the bisulphite and stir till disolved then top off with water to 1000mL. This is wortking strength, not stock solution. Use if for film and paper as is - but cool to your working temp.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin