Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,858   Online: 921

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Oh, yes, but not a reason to buy more in a rush to have some when the plant shuts down.

PE

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Ron and David, yes I was thinking of salvaging existing stock.

Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Jim, one curious issue I've had with outdated 55 is that it has a tendency to get stuck in the holder. I haven't pinpointed why that happens but maybe something is getting brittle. Then I wind up having to disassamble the whole holder on the spot to get the film out, and the frame is usually unsalvageable... what a pain. Apart from that I've had no issues with the quality of the actual negs that do make it through the whole process, and I've used some unrefrigerated 55 that was more than a year past expiration. But it seems to me the chances that they get stuck for one reason or another goes up substantially with time. I bought a new holder, thinking that was the issue, but... same thing with my older 55.

Now, I've had no issues with the old 665 that was refrigerated. But it is a foil-wrapped pack film, of course.

Since I have an 8x10 processor, I was thinking about perhaps feeding the 55 through those rollers rather than trying to process it in a normal holder. Just a thought.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have found that stuck sheets is due to leaky pods. The pod leaks fluid that dries to both sides of the dark paper slides and this freezes the entire pack.

PE

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Guys,
    You're talking about packfilm, but what about the length of life of 600/Spectra type of films? Do they become useless after the expiration date of their life could be extended by refrigerating them? Do you have any experience using the outdated 600/Spectra films?
    I used only outdated SX-70 film which was kept in refrigerator (not in the freezer of course), and noticed the shift to green, which can be corrected with the reddish filter (I used Cokin). Here is an example of the picture I've got on the 1-year outdated SX-70 film:

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I think the thing about expired colour polaroid is that sometimes the colour weirdness is good. I have a fair amount of expired tungsten polaroid that I like very much for this reason. I don't have a project for it yet but the few times I've played with it, especially doing transfers, it's great. Frankly I wouldn't think too much about ways to make the colours look "right" but rather embrace the weirdness With that idea in mind, I don't even refrigerate what colour polaroid I have.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin