Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,263   Online: 767

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    HIE was HIE it was in a league of its own :-(

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Sorry Ross but the Rollei film is nothing like HIE, nice film but very different.
    www.thephotoshop.ie
    www.monochromemeath.com

"you get your mouth off of my finger" Les McLean

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    HIE was the only really IR film the others are only get almost to the IR regions!

So fill up your freezer with HIE!

Armin J. Seeholzer
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike Kennedy View Post
    Now that HIE is no longer being manufactured I am searching for a replacement that will give me similar results.This "new" film must be priced within my meager budget and fairly close to my location (eastern Canada).

Thanks
    Currently there is no replacement for this film just as there never has been a replacement for HIE's sister film 2475 High Speed Recording film.
    Don Bryant

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Kodak was the only folks to make the sensitizing dyes for such extreme IR response. Not sure if it's patent protected, or trade secret protected. Probably some pretty intense organic chemistry to make it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Kodak ceintairly wasn't only one to make deep ir emulsion. I have old eastern german ir plates in my fridge. I doubt they still have any ir sensitivity but in their better days they had their max at 850nm. And there were plates with max at 1050nm. So it is rather matter of cost, stability and demand.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If something is needed for war its there in no time, as all the diferent IR film shows which were around 2 world war!
    If art need something nobody really cares its not the big money comes from!!!!
    Its just a mad fact of this crazy world, Armin
    Good light and nice shadows!

www.artfoto.ch

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by John Shriver View Post
    Kodak was the only folks to make the sensitizing dyes for such extreme IR response. Not sure if it's patent protected, or trade secret protected. Probably some pretty intense organic chemistry to make it.

Look into the history, there have been several emulsions going even further into the IR-spectrum.

There is somehow the belief around that HIE was the sole `real´ IR-film. Yes, unique (as most films are...) but not sole.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Found a store that still has fresh Kodak Infrared. I bought 20 rolls and I think they might have 12-15 left.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin