Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,557   Posts: 1,545,183   Online: 1063

Thread: My next paper?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

My next paper?

Friends -

I've gotten back into FB printing by consuming a box of several year old Forte Poly Warmtone. It's been fun and I like my Forte prints quite a bit, but I've run out of paper and I realize I won't find any more of this stuff.

A few years ago, I was a very contented AGFA MCC user and I'm anxious to try the new MCC 111 once it becomes available. I need to order some paper right now, however, and I'm looking for recommendations of papers to try, given my fondness for "warmish" VC FB papers.

Thanks in advance,

Gary,
    East Snook, TX

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Adox Polywamtone is the same paper as your Forte, so you can use that until the new FB MCC surfaces later in the year. Have look at Kentmere FB warmtone or the Fomatone MG papers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ilford MG IV FB Warmtone is pretty nice paper, too.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks, Gary and Jim -

Does anyone know of a source for the Adox paper in the US? Freestyle doesn't seem to carry it...

Gary

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You could try emailing them with a list of US stockists or try ordering directly:
    info@fotoimpex.de

Some of our US members could give you better advice...try a new thread.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin