Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,299   Posts: 1,535,794   Online: 690

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For beginning printers, I usually suggest concentrating first on the mid-tones.

I would first try just printing this lighter. It seems to me that the the mid-tones (much of the skin tones and the sweater) would benefit by being about 1/3 to a 1/2 stop lighter.

With the mid-tones lighter, you will be better able to evaluate the highlights and shadows, and determine if dodging, burning or a contrast change are needed as well.

All of this of course is based on the assumption that the scanned image on my screen reasonably approximates the appearance of the print itself.

My $0.02 worth.

Matt

nze
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    grade 4 seems high for me . looking again at the scan (on my screen) I will print Expose 10 to 20 % less and use an higher grade. less time to get a good skin rendition and contrast to get better seperation in the hair. But my screen is not your print.
    Chris Nze
    me Apug Portfolio
    Me web page

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for all the suggestions...

I'll try printing it lighter and then add contrast filter in half-steps. I'll let you know how i get on.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin