Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,539   Posts: 1,572,765   Online: 878

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Dry down video.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by JBrunner View Post
    I thought about mentioning the microwave, or my heater trick, but I don't think that would be a prudent reccomendation in a general sense, because that would be recommending a product for something other than it's intended use, and somebody not so smart might manage to have some kind of problem, and try to blame me. Silly? Yes. That's what it has come to.
    Thus the need for a follow-up DVD titled "Don't Try This at Home". You could probably charge more for that one.

Lee

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee L View Post
    Thus the need for a follow-up DVD titled "Don't Try This at Home". You could probably charge more for that one.

Lee
    Maybe I should run a super on the bottom, in little font:

"Professional photographer in closed darkroom, do not attempt."

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Music, check email, check new posts on APUG, look at bikini of the day, get a beer... etc.

Actually, I don't dry out every print and test strip, because once I am familiar with a paper, I don't need too. Very rarely, when I make my first finished print, I need to go back and adjust for dry down.
    Understood!
    Basically, you take allot of breaks. Me too!

I'll admit, I use a paper I'm familiar with and do very few tests for dry down. I use a, somewhat, dim light for viewing wet prints. I play music sometimes but usually I like it quiet when things are happening, the music can be distracting while I'm trying to concentrate - I wouldn't be listening much.
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe I should run a super on the bottom, in little font:

"Professional photographer in closed darkroom, do not attempt."
    I can see it now:

Jason's (product placement) sneakers throw a red safelight backlit fine spray as he rounds the corner from enlarger to developer tray on the wet skidpad at speed...

Lee

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Great visual Jason. Thanks!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Another great vid on YouTube, Mr. B! You are one of the few of us that not only work behind the camera, kudos to you!
    Last edited by Ralf; 02-11-2008 at 06:38 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: speeling

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm surprised it's visible so clearly on video! We always complain that the finest qualities of a print are barely visible on a monitor but that's clear enough for me.

I guess I should make the test for myself to see the results. Good man.
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by mhv View Post
    I'm surprised it's visible so clearly on video! We always complain that the finest qualities of a print are barely visible on a monitor but that's clear enough for me.

I guess I should make the test for myself to see the results. Good man.
    Uhhh.. I tried it, and while easily visible to the human eye, the video camera couldn't show it. So I faked it. :o:o

Is this the scandal that ends my career?

Adding my admiration....well done....

Edwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Uhhh.. I tried it, and while easily visible to the human eye, the video camera couldn't show it. So I faked it. :o:o

Is this the scandal that ends my career?
    No, it was your third nipple. A He-Witch!!
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin