Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,538   Posts: 1,572,749   Online: 798

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    A gallon of super market distilled water is 89 cents.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can read HERE about why I was asking about the water.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Cor View Post
    ..you should not use distilled water for washing after fixing because it contains no salts etc. which are normally present in drinking water and which speed up the washing (removal of fixer(by)products....)

Best,

Cor
    I second that. AFAIK it's from the bicarbonate present in tap water that is responsible for its enhanced wash capacities (from stuff quoted in Haist, and also mentioned here: http://www.apug.org/forums/forum37/3...tml#post452905).
    Using film since before it was hip.

"One of the most singular characters of the hyposulphites, is the property their solutions possess of dissolving muriate of silver and retaining it in considerable quantity in permanent solution" — Sir John Frederick William Herschel, "On the Hyposulphurous Acid and its Compounds." The Edinburgh Philosophical Journal, Vol. 1 (8 Jan. 1819): 8-29. p. 11

My APUG Portfolio

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin