Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,220   Online: 853

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Are Fotospeed no longer making their FB paper?

I'm getting close to finishing my Fotospeed Renaissance paper (along with their other finishes) and when I visited their site, it's no longer listed. They only have RCVC in Glossy and Oyster.
    Does anyone have any paper suggestions to use instead.
    I do like their Oyster finish, but I've got some lovely images that just need that extra "ooomph" that FB gives.

Cheers,
    Nanette

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Nanette, Fotospeed have never made any papers they just source them and re-badge them.

You could look at the Foma papers, also Kentmere and EFKE, not forgetting Ilford. There's also still some Forte available.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Who makes their Lith paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by keeds View Post
    Who makes their Lith paper?
    You could try searching the forums, there was a post on APUG last year about who made the various re-badged films & papers.

The new range of Bergger papers (manufactured by Ilford) should be available now.

I guess Fotospeed's problem is with Agfa and Forte gone it's getting harder for them to source B&W papers.

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And such a pity. I really liked their range - it kinda filled the gap (for me) left by Agfa. A bit difficult to locate Bergger, Forte etc papers here in Australia; limited imports and then the cost is crazy. Just bought a pack of 3.5"x5" Fotospeed paper and it cost double that of Ilford. Looks like I'll be going on a spend spree next month when I visit Japan for business and then ship it home!

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin