Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,763   Posts: 1,516,191   Online: 984

Shooter
    35mm

Expiration Tolerance of HP5+ Sheet Film?

I just picked up 3x boxes of 4x5 HP5+ sheet film (75pcs) for a good price. It was a good price because it expired in May '07. Yes, it has been kept refridgerated and yes I'll be tossing it in the freezer when it arrives. With 35mm and 120 b&w films I've never really had an issue with expiration dates prior to exposure (post-exposure is a different story). In fact, the PanF in my 6x12 filmback expired in April of last year

Here's the question: due to the difference in thickness between sheet film and roll film due I need to be more wary here? I mean, with development there are sometimes differences because of the thickness.

Thanks!

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Hi Brian,
    I have been using 4x5 HP5 that expired about 8-10 years ago.
    Looks as good as the current stuff. No problems at all. The base fog is small.
    You should have no problems with your 07 batch.

Best
    -ian mazursky nyc
    www.prepressexpress.com PrePress for photographers.
    www.ianmazursky.com Travel, Landscape, Portraits and my 12x20 diary

Shooter
    35mm
    Should be fine. I doubt any deterioration has started, given the cold storage.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin