Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,312   Posts: 1,536,665   Online: 803

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A 25 iso traffic surveillance film seems a bit of a stretch today.

Very impressive results though, I'll give it a whirl soon.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Just one more relabeled traffic surveillance film, I guess?

I am in doubt whether these miracle films are really a replacement for Techpan... and I wonder why relabeling this type of mass production films and distending descriptions of their quality justifies exorbitant prices. It seems as if the companies that annoy readers of many forums with bold postings about their products sometimes ask for twice the prices of companies that don't encroach upon forums and publish technical data without burlesque.

You can get this type of film for 4.00 Euros per 135-36 roll - or for 8.50, depending on the label. Pricing for dedicated developers is similar.
    As you seem to be informed about the costs and troubleshooting of getting a film and chemistry act the way you want it and the profits involved by selling those products then, I strongly advise you to start your business in that field.

That film is definitely no traffic surveillance film seen the speed and grain structure.

(By the way, I expect a traffic surveillance film to be more delicate to design and manufacture than a portraiture film.)
    Last edited by AgX; 02-14-2008 at 07:59 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: ref. traffic film

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    More like a relabelled microfilm for the speed.
    They claim however that this is a specially made film to resemble tech pan in their website

Quote Originally Posted by cmo View Post
    Just one more relabeled traffic surveillance film, I guess?

I am in doubt whether these miracle films are really a replacement for Techpan... and I wonder why relabeling this type of mass production films and distending descriptions of their quality justifies exorbitant prices. It seems as if the companies that annoy readers of many forums with bold postings about their products sometimes ask for twice the prices of companies that don't encroach upon forums and publish technical data without burlesque.

You can get this type of film for 4.00 Euros per 135-36 roll - or for 8.50, depending on the label. Pricing for dedicated developers is similar.
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DonaldQ recipes are much better than that
    check in the recipe section or look in his http://silent1.home.netcom.com/Photography/Dilutions%20and%20Times.html] WEBSITE for Low Contrast version and other experiments

Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    --snip snip----
    Caffenol developer which also works as low contrast developer:
    http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk/page_1199734013468.html

And don't forget your contribution on the photo competition for this new analog magazine
    http://creativeimagemaker.co.uk/page_1199350711491.html

Best regards,

Robert
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ATP film is a project from Rollei/Maco together with Agfa Gevaert Belgium, started up two years ago with the purpose to fill the gap for the Tech Pan Kodak film which is already discontinued for some years.

This reformed scientific film was a pretty high investment for both companies especially in contrast with the expected worldwide sales for such a special film. However in another branche of industry this film could be also usefull which is THE ONLY reason the green light for this Tech Pan film in a new production could be made.

Further: What is wrong with a type of T.S.F. for regular use, when it's made on the right layer and specs for pictographical use. Even Ilford is using their SFX 200, which is also a type of T.S.F. Nobody is really complaining about that film and I think we must be greatefull for every manufacturer who wants to invest in a tricky branche of analog photography.
    Because the overall amount of film production is much and much less than 10 years ago it's inevitable that the prices of all material will go up rapidly and I think that overall prices in the USA are even very low in comparision of other parts in the world.

best regards,

Robert

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Kodak Technical Pan was employed for pictorial photography as a secondary purpose, being originally designed for, quote,

Microphotography (Microfilming)
    Photographing Electrophoretic Gels
    Photomicrography
    Electron Micrography
    Astronomical Photography
    Laser Photography

& if it hadn't been used in large quantities for those purposes it would never have been available for pictorial work anyway. So what's the problem with adapting the usage of materials?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So what's the problem with adapting the usage of materials?
    NOTHING, so far the specs and use of it is very clear for the end user.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Maybe it is the right time to propose that we call this thread a Maco/Rollei/Fotohuis ADVERTISING?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    No thanks, I have already some advertisements.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Fotohuis View Post
    No thanks, I have already some advertisements.
    Well, and why do you together with "Agx" (probably a Maco employee) flood this forum. Photo.net and others with your marketing stories? These are discussion forums, not space for free advertising. I find this very annoying.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin