Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,933   Posts: 1,585,568   Online: 748

Shooter
    Multi Format

E-6 Chemistry in Jobo

Hi All:

Though I mostly shoot B&W--MF up through 8x10 LF--I'm thinking about trying some transparency film (probably Provia) in 8x10 size (yeah, I know, the $$!!) and was wondering... For those of you processing E-6 film on any Jobo manual processor, what chemicals are you using and have you been satisfied with the results?

Thanks for the help.
    Regards,
    Alan Huntley
    www.silverscapephoto.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No problem with the Tetenal 3-bath kit over here. I shot my first Provia 8x10" just this weekend!

http://www.apug.org/gallery/showphot...66&ppuser=3749

Stick to the timings and temperature and all will go OK.
    I can develop 2 sheets of 8x10" in the 2500/2800 series or 4201 JOBO tanks, with a self made insert to hold the sheets against the tank wall.

G
    Last edited by argus; 02-12-2008 at 05:19 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Kodak E6 6-bath kit works a treat - very happy with the results. I actually prefer it to the 3-bath kit, as there's one fewer temperature-critical wash step involved (you only need one wash between first dev and reversal bath in the 6-bath process, the final wash isn't temperature critical.) I find it easier to keep solutions at temperature than wash water, so I find that preferable.
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tim_walls View Post
    I find it easier to keep solutions at temperature than wash water, so I find that preferable.
    I have a good solution for that: a very small darkroom-only instant water heater (heats as the water flows through) that I can fine-adjust to 38C.

The one I have, is made by CLAGE - http://www.clage.com/produkte/Anwendungen/M3SNM.php - output temperature of the hot water tap can be controlled by a screw in the apparatus. Cost me 160 Euro but the comfort value is priceless.
    The only drawback is that you have to use a special tap and you can't add a thermostatic water tap, what would even be more interesting.

G

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks for that argus! I'm trying to buy a house with space to build a proper darkroom in (at the moment I use the bathroom) - and 'very small' is definitely going to be one of my requirements. At the rate I'm going, I'll be lucky to get a shed... So something like that may be perfect
    Another day goes under; a little bourbon will take the strain...

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin