Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,218   Posts: 1,532,219   Online: 869

Shooter
    35mm

shooting FP4 at night

Hi all,

I'm going to shoot Abu Dhabi tonight using my Nikon FM2n & FP4.

What exposure would be recommended for best pics? I'll be taking pics of building, freeways etc.

Just don't want to over/under expose....would like light trails though...

Thanks Andy

Near Tavistock, Devon, on the edge of Dartmoor.
    Shooter
    35mm
    I took some night photos of the illuminated Clifton suspension bridge at Bristol many years ago on 100 ASA Fuji chrome and 20 secs at f8 gave very pleasing results. I'm not saying that's the optimum exposure, and of course the actual light levels are as long as the proverbial piece of string, but it might be a starting point.
    Good luck!
    Steve

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    hi,

i use the pinhole designer to figure my pinhole exposure times. it is good because it builds in several different reciprocity times if you choose.

i plugged in fp4. because it is set up for pinhole use the largest aperture i could choose is f22. take the meter reading at f22 and read off the chart. you will have to manually adjust for larger apertures.

i hope this helps.

eddie
    Attached Files
    photoshop is somewhere you go to buy photo equipment.

lens photos here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You can also take a look at Ilford’s data sheet on FP4 and look up the reciprocity characteristics of the film (under the headline – making long exposures). I would also advise you do decrease development of this roll by around 20 percent.

http://www.ilfordphoto.com/Webfiles/...6115141521.pdf

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin