Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,732   Posts: 1,515,289   Online: 886

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

KODAK WRATTEN -V- B+W: TMax 100

I working with 4X5 TMax 100 now and noticed in the Kodak Publication F4016 the reference to KODAK WRATTEN Filter factoring and exposure. I have B+W filters.

How do the Wratten Factors compare to the B+W X factor? I cannot find any reference to Wratten at the Schneider site.

An example:
    My B+W Red filter is B+W #90. It has an exposure factor (X) of 5 which means to open the shutter 2,5 stops. As I understand it.

The Wratten No. 25 (red) simply says open 3 stops.

For TMax 100 opening the lens for the B+W #90 3 stops is not the answer... I can prove it.

Thanks for for your thoughts,

Shooter
    Multi Format
    If you still have the data sheet from B+W it should have the Wratten equivalent on it. Well,at least their old ones had it.
    Regarding the exposure factors, as they say YMMV.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    The difference in color sensitivity of the T-Max films and conventional grained films, may cause a difference in the factor for some colors of filters.
    [FONT=Comic Sans MS]Films NOT Dead - Just getting fixed![/FONT]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's some potentially useful info here.

I agree with Jim Noel that spectral curves of specific films play a role in the results with filters.

DaveT

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin