Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,141   Online: 983

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    This is hard to admit, but after thinking I had the answer several times, I realize now that it was a case of loading the film upside-down. I thought of it today when I was loading another roll and had it upside-down at first then corrected it. The problem roll was loaded in a hurry out in the field and I was careless. Then I looked here and Paul had the answer several days earlier. I swore my wife to secretcy for my supidity, but have to admit it here since I asked for help and got many possible causes. Thanks.

Rich

Images
    Maybe it has something to do with your choice of the pseudonym "entropy"?
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Entropy, join the rest of us humans. We've all done things like that. If you do a search here, you'll find whole threads on brain-dead things us photo geeks have done. Some are pretty good!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can definitely get caught by mirror lock up on the RB lenses, I did just the other day; I pretty much always use a cable release in the MLU slot but didn't for the first 3 shots of a roll. I did think the shutter was extra quite compared to usual but it didn't occur to me why until I switched lenses!
    Rhys

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mirror lock-up mode on an RB67 actually allows you to shoot a blank roll - the shutter release only raises the mirror/light baffle inside the camera (and releases the interlocks!) - it is then up to you to fire the shutter manually on the lens (or not)

Been there, done that.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David Grenet View Post
    Mirror lock-up mode on an RB67 actually allows you
    to shoot a blank roll - Been there, done that.
    Ditto and ditto again. My first post this thread says
    something of my experience. The OP has said that
    mirror lock-up was in effect while shooting. He
    did not mention a cable release. Dan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin