Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,949   Posts: 1,585,936   Online: 993

Thread: Sepia Question

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Sepia Question

I am planning to use sepia toner for the first time this weekend and noticed that Kodak's instructions say to use a liquid hardener after toning. Is this necessary? I have Rudman's book on toning and don't recall seeing anything about this, but I might have missed it. When I get home I'll have to take a look. I figured I'd ask here as well. Thanks.

Jmal

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You do not need to use a liquid hardener. Nothing is necessary after sepia toning expect a good wash. Make sure you wash your print properly.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I do alot of sepia toning and I don't use a hardener either. And yes make sure you wash your print well. I have separate print tongs and sponge for final wipe just for my sepia prints. Everything is always rinsed very well after using. Also no metal tongs and make sure you have good ventilation because the fumes of the toner part are both strong smelling and toxic. Smells like rotten eggs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's not necessary jmal
    Tim

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Thanks all.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin