Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,911   Posts: 1,521,599   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    The brownish tint is an indication of fine grain. I think it is like the refractive effect of a line grating.

Pat Gainer
    Gadget Gainer

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RAP
    Tom, you mentioned that the new TRI-X has finer grain then TMAX 400, that sounds very promising. Maybe I will stick with what I have for years, TRI-X and HC110. I will post my results.

Thanks all for the input!
    I really like TRI X but I have a hard time imagining that it could be finer grain than TMAX because of the shape of the grains and the structure of each film. I find TMAX to be very contrasty and not as compression or expansion friendly as I would prefer, other than that it is very fine grain. Did Kodak make this claim?
    Frank
    My photos are always without all that distracting color ...

Frank,
    no it was written in the aforementioned Photo Techniques article, written by two former film development people at Kodak. They also claim that Tri-x roll film, over time, has become more straight line than it was. They tested only roll film. TXP was not tested.
    Tom

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin