Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,563   Posts: 1,573,349   Online: 1046

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by wobsy View Post
    Any B&W film(except chromo) - any size - any speed - Acros - Tri-X - Delta 400 - whatever your favourite - use Prescysol. Put them all in together and give 10.5 minutes. Excellent.
    That's my favourite too. It produces negatives that are very easy to print.
    Regards Dave.

An English Eye

Images
    Good Morning,

"I would expect that if you are working close to capacity, the longest developed film might use an unequal share of the developer's activity, before the other film(s) is/are added."

Matt--You are probably correct. I think I avoid that most of that problem by starting with all the films and then removing early any needing a shorter time. For example, if one film needs seven minutes and the other needs nine minutes, I suspect that, with most of the development is complete after seven minutes, any extra pep available to the nine-minute film probably makes little difference. At least I've never encountered a problem. Obviously, there could be a difference if the developing times vary widely, say one film at five minutes and another at fifteen. With that great a discrepancy, I'd probably develop separately anyway, since the time working in complete darkness would be considerable.

Konical

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian Grant View Post
    wobsy Prescysol is what?

Isn't it an imitation of Pyrocat HD.

Ian
    Hi, sorry for the late response. You may be right, I don't understand the formula of Prescysol, there is information on the web and it is available in the UK. Having said that I know there are a number of very satisfied customers in the US. Further, I use the brew myself and dev whatever film I may be using at the same time, 35 or 120 together if necessary. The only occasion when a different developer might be used is if push processing is required.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Different films together-my method..

I've used this method for years,with good results.
    Assume you have 3 emulsions :A ; needs 14min, B : needs 12min ,C:needs 8 min.
    Prepare chemistry for 3 films.
    Load 3 reels and put B & C films in a spare tank.
    Start process with film A.
    At minute 2, add film B.
    At minute 6 , add film C.
    By minute 14 you will have 3 films correctly developed,and they can all be stopped and fixed together.
    Obviously you need a darkroom to use this method..

Shooter
    Medium Format
    that's a lot of fiddling. if i want to develop films of different speeds and/or types together, i'll just use a two-bath developer. from asa 25 to 400, it all works well because development time is not a variable. Anchell/Troop TD-200 or divided D-76 is what i use. you can't push or pull the film, and you get some highlight compensation using this method, but you get proper film speed (aka shadow development). i've done Adox CHM 400 and Ilford Pan F+ in the same tank.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin