Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,719   Online: 920

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    One other quick question. How stable is diafine? Is a bit of air in the jamjar going to cause me any problems?

Shooter
    35mm

Probably not

Quote Originally Posted by Wishy View Post
    One other quick question. How stable is diafine? Is a bit of air in the jamjar going to cause me any problems?
    Not so much speaking from experience but from a chemistry perspective and reports of others on this and other forums. (Flickr.com has a good Diafine forum.)

At a pH of 8.2 and with a moderate amount of sodium sulfite it won't tend to self-destruct.

Personally, I always use distilled water and accordian type containers. As close to no oxygen as one can get without nitrogen replacement or something.

Shooter
    35mm

A couple of Diafine questions.

1) Does anyone here know when Diafine hit the market? I recall Acufine in the early 60's, but my eyes weren't open to Diafine.

2) I know that there are "equivalent" formulas using Phenidone. Does anyone recall reading of it's components from someone who can speak with authority? You know, spectrographic analysis, or they were locked in a closet sworn to secrecy or something. The MSDS's only list "dangerous" ingredients and hence only hydroquinone in A and sodium carbonate in B. Does anyone really know? Just curious, doesn't change my life or anything.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin